Perfect HASH functions.....

vijay at bradley.UUCP vijay at bradley.UUCP
Mon Sep 18 11:06:00 AEST 1989

Hello,

   I hope you can help me. Does anyone out there have a perfect
hash function? The key is a string of characters (maximum length
is 4, minimum is 2) that make up the opcode set of an assembler
that I am in the process of writing. I tried some home-brewed
hash functions, but got some collisions. I also tried to read some
articles on the subject in ACM, but you need a PHD in maths to
make any sense out of them!! Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance (you can e-mail me directly, if you please..)
--
Vijay K. Gurbani    | {uiucdcs, inhp4, cepu}!bradley!vijay | "Learn how to
Distributed Systems | vijay at bradley.edu                    |  avoid RIPOFFS -