BEST MSDOS C EDITOR?

Einar Indridason einari at rhi.hi.is
Sat Sep 2 07:01:47 AEST 1989

In article <21743 at cup.portal.com> cliffhanger at cup.portal.com (Cliff C Heyer) writes:
>I'm about to start some C programming
>on MSDOS and was wondering what
>the best editor was to use.
>
>Any suggestions greatly appreciated!!
>
>Cliff

I like emacs and it is currently my editor of choice.  I hate vi, but then
some other will say: "I use vi and hate emacs" or something like that.

My suggestion is this:  Try to get hands-on experience on as many editors as
you can.  Think about their configurability, their versality, memory
requirements etc.  Then the choice is up to you.

A few you might try to get you hands on:
Micro-emacs, vi, jove, vde, edlin (no, I didn't say that :-) .......

Please let's not start another my-editor-is-the-best-but-[insert-your-favourite-
anti-editor-in]-really-stinks war.

(What is this doing in comp.lang.c ?????)
--
To quote Alfred E. Neuman: "What! Me worry????"   ||||   Pobody is Nerfect !!!

Internet:	einari at rhi.hi.is
UUCP:		..!mcvax!hafro!rhi!einari