type *var -- vs. -- type* var

Gary D Duzan gdtltr at vax1.acs.udel.EDU
Sat Sep 9 05:47:23 AEST 1989

In article <29048 at news.Think.COM> barmar at think.COM (Barry Margolin) writes:
=>
=>That's because "*" binds more tightly than ",".  If you want to force
=>a particular grouping, use parentheses:
=>
=>	(int *) x, y, z
=>
Warning: Stupid Question Follows.

   How does the compiler distinguish between the above and a cast and two
comma operators?
					Gary Duzan
					Time  Lord
				    Third Regeneration

--
    [|o o|]        "Two hearts are better than one." -- Yes        [|o o|]