swap(x,y)

Wm E Davidsen Jr davidsen at crdos1.crd.ge.COM
Fri Sep 22 22:57:16 AEST 1989

In article <33719 at ism780c.isc.com>, news at ism780c.isc.com (News system) writes:

|        IF SENSE SWITCH  -- gave access to switches on the operators console

  This was the way we read environment variables. There were 22
switches, read into our 22 bit words.

|        SENSE LIGHT      -- to turn on a light on the operators console

  Dynamic display of program trace, stack usage, etc.

  We had the right ideas 30 years ago, just not the right names for
them. What good is a system with no blinking lights?
--
bill davidsen	(davidsen at crdos1.crd.GE.COM -or- uunet!crdgw1!crdos1!davidsen)
that the world is flat!" - anon