CodeView - Extended memory - HELP!!!!

ILENE JOHNSON ijohnson at udenva.cair.du.edu
Mon Sep 25 03:05:07 AEST 1989

In article I write:
#I'm posting this in all newsgroups I feel are relevent.  If I've goofed,
#I'm sorry.
#
#I am currently writing an application on a PS/2 model 60 using
#microsoft C.  I have an extended memory board and have installed
#the proper drivers to make sure the thing works.  I am using
#XMA2EMS.sys for this.  The machine is happy when it boots up in
#the morning and when it runs XMA2EMS its happy.  The program I'm
#working on requires me to use CodeView, a Microsoft product that
#comes with the C compiler.  I'm trying to use the extended
#memory (in fact I need to because my program is too large ).
#However, when I type cv /E progname I get "EMM software error".
#I have no idea what this means.  Microsoft says its not their
#error and I can't find this error anywhere in any books.  When
#my program was smaller codeview worked fine without the /E option
#but now that I need to use this, I can't.  I dont' know where to
#begin to look.
#
#Please try to E-mail a response as I don't usually read news too
#often these days.
#
#Thanks
#
#Ilene K. Johnson
#

I may have goofed in the title line, I am definately using EXPANDED
memory and the correct driver for it.  The machine boots up happily
in the morning and only complains when I try to run this blasted
program!