(Thank you for solving)File info: Who, When & What?

Sidney Markowitz sidney at saturn.ucsc.edu
Fri Sep 1 20:28:36 AEST 1989

jinli at gpu.utcs.utoronto.ca (Jin Tonic Li) writes:
>I am sorry if some of you do not think that I sould have posted this
>to comp.lang.c

The problem is not in posting the questions to comp.lang.c, it's in
posting the answers.

Please, please, PLEASE, when you answer a question, REPLY BY E-MAIL
instead of by posting if the question is simple, a matter of user
error, or RTFM. Or if you think there might be lots of other people
who also know the answer who are going to post. I have found it very
time consuming to glean useful information from this list lately from
within the mass of redundant replies to trivial questions.

P.S. Don't reply to this to the net!

In the hope that this one meta-message in violation of netiquette will
reduce the future noise by more than one message, I am
-- sidney markowitz <internet: sidney at saturn.ucsc.edu or sidney at ai.mit.edu>