C Style help requested

Chris Torek chris at mimsy.UUCP
Sat Sep 30 04:08:39 AEST 1989

In article <19860 at mimsy.UUCP> cml at tove.umd.edu (Christopher Lott) writes:
>Then there are the "10 Commandments for C Programmers" which I have;
>my version was produced by Henry Spencer.  (also the author?  think so.)

Yes.

>I have saved all of Chris Torek's tutorials that I have seen, all of
>which I can pass on.  They are extremely helpful on technical issues; maybe
>not so much for style.

My `style' is extremely simple:

	indent -d0 -di0 -nfc1		# 4.3BSD-tahoe indent

produces it.

>Another good reference, more general, is _The_Elements_of_Programming_Style_,
>by Kernighan and Plaugher.  (Don't quote me on the authors.)

This is also correct (the authors, I mean, as well as the `more general'
remark); it points more towards correctness and naming issues than towards
finicky points of layout (as I said, mine matches `indent -d0 -di0').