reserved names (was: Weird problem with C compiler under SCO)

Karl Heuer karl at haddock.ima.isc.com
Fri Sep 29 15:59:14 AEST 1989

In article <11181 at smoke.BRL.MIL> gwyn at brl.arpa (Doug Gwyn) writes:
>But it is not the intention that any follow-on C language standard usurp more
>name space than we've already specifically set aside.

I don't know if that was the intention, but I seriously doubt that it will
really work that way.  It's highly probable that C-2001 will reserve at least
one identifier which is currently in the user's namespace, e.g. `hypot'.

Btw, I'm annoyed that the entire `is*' class was reserved; that happens to be
my pet namespace for boolean variables and functions.  Guess I'll make do with
`is_'.