entry at other than main (was: want to know)

Tom Neff tneff at bfmny0.UUCP
Tue Sep 5 22:33:31 AEST 1989

In article <19474 at gryphon.COM> bagpiper at pnet02.gryphon.com (Michael Hunter) writes:
>uhhh.....couldn't you fake a different entry point by not naming any function
>main and then using the macro preprocessor to name something main.

Oh yes if you have the luxury of RECOMPILING then you can play all sorts of
tricks.  I have presumed right along that what these folks want is to decide
ex post facto where in an already-compiled set of object files you want the
program entry point to go.

In fact it's even easier if you have the luxury of REASSEMBLING the usual
front-end code which is REALLY invoked by the OS loader, and which then
calls main() as a normal subprogram.  Again, I assume people want to be
able to choose their entry point even without this ability.
--
Annex Canada now!  We need the room,	\)	Tom Neff
    and who's going to stop us.		(\	tneff at bfmny0.UU.NET