BCD Encoding?

Alastair Dallas awd at dbase.A-T.COM
Thu Apr 12 10:50:27 AEST 1990

In article <2024 at naucse.UUCP>, wew at naucse.UUCP (Bill Wilson) writes:
> dBASE IV writes it's new numeric variables to the memory variable save
> files in BCD format unless the variable is set up as fixed.  I need
> to know the format of BCD so that I can interpret the numbers for
> a project that I am working on.  Any clues?

The information is proprietary, but 1) even _I_ would vote to release it,
I think (and I'm pretty conservative); and 2) Ashton-Tate is planning to
release file format information in some form to some group of people
(developers under non-disclosure, everyone, or something inbetween) soon.
I will make it my business to find out more about our policy and respond
to the net.

/alastair/