Is it time for comp.lang.c.dos?

Chris Torek chris at mimsy.umd.edu
Tue Apr 10 05:21:07 AEST 1990

In article <E0.dz85 at cs.psu.edu> flee at shire.cs.psu.edu (Felix Lee) writes:
>``I'm having a problem with malloc() in Utah.''  The problem has
>nothing to do with Utah (I hope), but where is the defect?  Is it my
>understanding of malloc, my understanding of C, my Zortech C compiler,
>my copy of GNU malloc, my Amiga computer, my homebrew operating
>system, my extended memory board, or my neighbor's cat?

This is a good point.  There is, however, a `rule of thumb' that applies
in cases like this: start with the smallest newsgroup that might apply.
In this case, it would probably be an Amiga-specific group.

(Incidentally, I thought the neighbors had a dog, not a cat. :-) )
Domain:	chris at cs.umd.edu	Path:	uunet!mimsy!chris