Is it time for comp.lang.c.dos?

Peter Lim pnl at hpfinote.HP.COM
Wed Apr 11 06:28:20 AEST 1990

> Steve Watt <steve at wattres.UUCP> asks:
> >It is called  COMP.SYS.IBM.PC.PROGRAMMER!!!!!!
> >But *why* can't we get people to use it????
>
> ``I'm having a problem with malloc() in Utah.''  The problem has
> nothing to do with Utah (I hope), but where is the defect?  Is it my
> understanding of malloc, my understanding of C, my Zortech C compiler,
> my copy of GNU malloc, my Amiga computer, my homebrew operating
> system, my extended memory board, or my neighbor's cat?
> --
> Felix Lee	flee at shire.cs.psu.edu	*!psuvax1!flee
> ----------

Felix, the answer is: "Your neighbor's cat !". :-).

Why don't we create another note group "comp.lang.c.guru" for those who
are much better than the rest ?

But whichever way you turn, I think there will always be people asking
silly questions. Hey ! Every day, there will be new people getting into
C programming and I don't think they should be shot for asking silly
question.  After all, it should be "Computer/Programming for the people",
right ?

Regards,                       ## Life is fast enough as it is ........
Peter Lim.                     ## .... DON'T PUSH IT !!          >>>-------,