Binary data file compatibility across machines

Charles Tryon bilbo at bisco.kodak.COM
Tue Dec 18 06:32:08 AEST 1990

I have (as I have noted here previously) been using XDR to solve this problem.
I am wondering, however, how many systems/machines subscribe to this standard?
We have various flavors of Sun's here (3.4, 4.0.1 Sun3, Sparc) as well as an
IBM RS/6000 which all know about XDR.  What other machines out there have
XDR libraries?

--
Chuck Tryon
    <bilbo at bisco.kodak.com>

  "Swagger knows no upper bound, but the laws of physics remain unimpressed."
                                                            (D. Mocsny)