VAX-C immediate char reading

seaotter at athena.mit.edu seaotter at athena.mit.edu
Sat Dec 15 06:11:04 AEST 1990

Another question I'm sure has been posted before...

Is there a way under VMS 5.x using Curses (yes, NOT smg$stuff)
to write some function next_avail_char() such that I could write
a code fragment like

	for(;;) {
	  if ((c = next_avail_char()) != '\0') {
	    dostuff();
	  } else {
	    update_something();
	  }
	}

In other words I need to know if there is input waiting and if so,
what it is.

Post or email c/o seaotter at athena.mit.edu or mzraly at ldbvax.dnet.lotus.com
The MIT address is probably better, though.

Thanks,
 Mike

--

| Mike Zraly                     | You should never wear your best trousers |
|                                | when you go out to fight for freedom and |