Atan2 and Hypot function speedup...

Eychaner, Glenn C. gceych at juliet.caltech.edu
Sun Dec 23 06:57:15 AEST 1990

Ok, so maybe I'm not so smart.  After receiving many suggestions, including
METAFONT by Knuth and some new gadget called the cordic (course and direction
computer) functions which simulateously compute ATAN2 and HYPOT, I realized
that I was taking the result of ATAN2 and shoving it back through TAN! (duh...)
8-}   SO now all I need to do is speed up the HYPOT section.....any suggestions
(I need the Pythagorean HYPOT of two ints (or unsigned chars) returned as int.
Precision isn't that important (the nearest int is more than enough).)
Glenn Eychaner    | Eychaner at SunCub.Caltech.edu | "We demand rigidly defined
40386 N Shore Ln  | gceych at iago.caltech.edu     |  areas of doubt and
Big Bear City, CA | Big Bear Solar Observatory  |  uncertainty!"
            92314 | !*** G O   N I N E R S ***! |                 -D. Adams