Do you trust the "indent" program?

Chip Salzenberg chip at tct.uucp
Fri Dec 28 02:55:28 AEST 1990

According to arnold at audiofax.com (Arnold Robbins):
>A better, more useful technique would be to use lex/flex to write a
>C scanner that produced a stream of tokens, one per line.  Run it against
>the before and after versions, and then use diff on the two outputs.

No need.  There is already a utility in the c.s.u archives called
"spiff" (for Spaceman Spiff).  Spiff is a token-based diff program.
Just run indent and "spiff -C"; if indent worked properly, spiff
should produce no output.
--
Chip Salzenberg at Teltronics/TCT     <chip at tct.uucp>, <uunet!pdn!tct!chip>
"Please don't send me any more of yer scandalous email, Mr. Salzenberg..."