Is C a subset of C++ or ANSI C ?

SQUID 6 on the DARK side hooverm at sysjj.mdcbbs.com
Wed Dec 26 21:27:42 AEST 1990

A couple o' questions from a "C" neophyte...
All questions refer to Borland products running on a PC

1) Is Borland "C" a subset of ANSI "C"?
2) Is Borland "C" a subset of "C++"?

The reason for these questions is this:  I'm taking a programming class in "C"
which will be using the Borland "C" software.  I got a copy of Borland "C++"
for Christmas.  Will I be able to do my assignments at home, or will I be
lacking some functionality by using the "C++"?  The "C++" includes ANSI C as
well.

Also, it there a "generally considered to be definitive" book on C or C++?

	Please feel free to respond by E-Mail if you would like.

			Mark  <o===6