Do you trust the "indent" program?

Ronald S H Khoo ronald at robobar.co.uk
Thu Dec 27 13:38:28 AEST 1990

kdq at demott.COM (Kevin D. Quitt) writes:

> In article <12184 at sybase.sybase.com> forrest at sybase.com writes:
> > Do you trust 'indent'
> > enough to run it on all your source file without making any mistakes?

>     Certainly.  Just as soon as I'd proven that the executables were
> bit-for-bit indentical. 8-{)}

And you gotta repeat this process for each and every possible combination
of compile-time #ifdef options.  Ugh.  It's not a small job.  My feeling is
that if the original code were *that* badly indented, it's indicative of
poor quality anyway, and its probably time to rewrite the whole damn lot.

only 1/2 :-)

--
ronald at robobar.co.uk +44 81 991 1142 (O) +44 71 229 7741 (H)