longjmp out of signal handler

Richard Minner rtm at christmas.UUCP
Thu Dec 6 16:21:31 AEST 1990

In article <1990Nov30.172846.23669 at zoo.toronto.edu> henry at zoo.toronto.edu (Henry Spencer) writes:
>Although the wording under longjmp() and under signal() could stand to be
>a bit more consistent, ...

You're too kind.  I'd say it borders on contradiction:
4.6.2.1 : "...the longjmp function shall execute correctly in contexts
of interrupts, signals and any of their related functions."

But of course not signals caused by interrupts.  Anyway, 4.7
is more restrictive so it wins.  Thanks for helping me understand
the situation, I won't bring it up again (and I'll be much more
wary of longjmp's in handlers).  You forgot to mention another
relevant part of the Standard, on pg.1 footnote:
	"The Standard ... is not a tutorial."

--
Richard Minner  || {uunet,sun,well}!island!rtm     (916) 736-1323 ||
                || Island Graphics Corporation     Sacramento, CA ||