43/50 line text modes

Winthrop D Chan wchan at umd5.umd.edu
Tue Dec 11 10:38:09 AEST 1990

I need some help on this one. I am trying to figure out how most of these
programs are able to put an EGA/VGA display into 43/50 lines of text on the
display. I went thru the BIOS listings and none of them really show anything
more than 80x25 text mode. Is it by somehow changing the character set?
I nned to find out soon so I can finish my final project.

I also need to find out how to address the display in that mode using
direct screen writes. (ie. base address, display organization, etc....)

Thanks
Winthrop Chan
wchan at umd5.umd.edu