Hash??? Not quite clear on what this is...

Charles Tryon bilbo at bisco.kodak.COM
Tue Dec 4 01:46:12 AEST 1990

in <885 at compnect.UUCP>, johncore at compnect.UUCP (John Core ) writes:
> > avery at netcom.UUCP (Avery Colter) writes:
> >
> > >I'm seeing all this talk of "Hash Functions".
> >
> College programming courses seem to never deal with the REAL (ie buisness)
> world.  ...
>
> --just another old fart telling a war story...

  Well, I never learned much about hashing when I went to school (more years
  ago than I want to think about ;-).  I know the concept of hashing, but have
  never had a use for it in the applications I have worked on.  My question
  is, are there any recomendations out there for a good, fairly basic book on
  hashing?  I don't need to know all the gory details and the latest hot-shot
  methods, just the basics.

--
Chuck Tryon
    <bilbo at bisco.kodak.com>

  "Swagger knows no upper bound, but the laws of physics remain unimpressed."
                                                            (D. Mocsny)