absolute address pointer in MS C 5.1

Javier Vilarroig Christensen. javiv at nsi.UUCP
Thu Jan 11 03:02:41 AEST 1990

In article <5850 at sdcc6.ucsd.edu> bruno at sdcc10.ucsd.edu (Bruce W. Mohler) writes:
>This doesn't work for me:
>
>	char far *machine_id = (0xFFFFE);	/* F000:FFFE */
>
>It doesn't work to express the address in the format that
>it is in the comment.  I've tried swapping 'char' and 'far',
>
>Any suggestions?  This must be fairly easy (its easy to make

In Xenix 286 you must use the -Me flag to enable de "far" keyword. Thew Xenix
compiler is from Microsoft, it's posibble to put it in your compiler.

--
| Javier Vilarroig Christensen       | PHONE: 34 3 210-33-55 (VOICE)       |