How do you name table/structure elements?

David Adrien Tanguay datanguay at watmath.waterloo.edu
Thu Jan 18 12:08:51 AEST 1990

In article <1990Jan17.194804.15864 at utzoo.uucp> henry at utzoo.uucp (Henry Spencer) writes:
>In article <1990Jan16.170217.16718 at aqdata.uucp> sullivan at aqdata.uucp (Michael T. Sullivan) writes:
>>        plain descriptive                 table/structure descriptive
>>        -----------------                 ---------------------------
>>        name                              cu_name
>
>Personally I see no reason for the prefixes any more; I'll go with the
>plain descriptive style now.

My reason for using the table/structure descriptive style is to help
me follow the chain of types in an expression.
E.g.,
	expr->n_left->n_type->ty_sym->sy_name

Given that I know the prefixes, they make the expression a little more
readable for me since the types of the subexpressions can be inferred
from the element names.

David Tanguay