The 12121 check digit algorithm

Adrian McCarthy adrian at mti.mti.com
Sat Jan 6 09:49:27 AEST 1990

In article <75288 at tut.cis.ohio-state.edu> Loyde W Hales
<lwh at cis.ohio-state.edu> writes:

>Reason: while you have a copyright just by writing ``(C) 1990 by Johnson,''
>it may not be enforcable if you cannot demonstrate the date.  I know all
>about the international agreement for patents/copyrights, but US law does
>limit rights under many odd circumstances.  The safest way to protect
>yourself is the copyright office.

Please note that "(c)" and "(C)" are *not* legitimate copyright symbols.  The
copyright symbol is the letter "c" inside a circle.  If you are in a
situation where you can't generate a true copyright symbol, you should
explicitly use the work "copyright".

Disclaimer:  I'm not an attorney; I'm just trying to be helpful.

Aid.