Beginning programming

Cliff Joslyn cjoslyn at bingvaxu.cc.binghamton.edu
Fri Jan 19 11:59:43 AEST 1990

I'm in a similar situation as a new C teacher.  I'll email privately,
but I think this group may be interested in strategies on learning and
teaching C.  There are many experts here who have a lot of experience to
share.

Following suggestions from this list, we're using Kochan's /Programming
in ANSI C/ as a text combined w/K+R v.  2.  I found a C tutorial on
Simtel good as a guide on what to cover in what order, and the /C Puzzle
Book/ and Koenig's /C Traps and Pitfalls/ as good sources of quiz and
test problems.  I'm making my own programming assignments.

--
| Cliff Joslyn, Cybernetician at Large, cjoslyn at bingvaxu.cc.binghamton.edu
| Systems Science, SUNY Binghamton, Binghamton NY 13901, USA
V All the world is biscuit shaped. . .