Compressing C programs

Lynn Lively Lynn.Lively at p4694.f506.n106.z1.fidonet.org
Tue Jan 9 06:26:21 AEST 1990

In an article of <7 Jan 90 04:13:07 GMT>, ferris at eniac.seas.upenn.edu (Richard T. Ferris) writes:

 RT>From: ferris at eniac.seas.upenn.edu (Richard T. Ferris)
 RT>Date: 7 Jan 90 04:13:07 GMT
 RT>Newsgroups: comp.lang.c
 RT>
 RT>I am interested in learning how to reduce the size of my TurboC
 RT>programs.  The .exe files are 13K even for very simple programs.
 RT>Could someone send me some suggested references?  Thanks.

 Richard,
     Are you using the integrated environment? If so, the default is to have
Debugging turned on. If you are using the command line check your
configuration file. You may have -v specified in it which will give you
Debugging each time you compile. The Debugging option burns up alot of space.
 Your Servant,
      Lynn