"C" Compiler Source

G Geers glenn at extro.ucc.su.oz.au
Sat Jan 20 14:37:34 AEST 1990

>From article <25B6093B.638D at marob.masa.com>, by daveh at marob.masa.com (Dave Hammond):
> In article <9001171645.AA00679 at bass.cis.ohio-state.edu> eric j chet writes:
>>          I need the source code for a full implementation of a
>>ANSI "C" compiler that generates 680xx assembler code.
>
> Don't we all   (1/2 :-).

What about gcc from the GNU people? This can produce output for a whole
swag of target machines. 680x0 is supported as is MIPS, 88000, Cray, 80386,
etc. They even have extensions to the 'basic' ANSI standard stuff which may
be flagged on or off. The code is *very* good - ctex runs O(2) times faster
than with most standard UNIX compilers (MIPS excluded !)
					Glenn

Glenn Geers (VK2ELA)
Dept Theoretical Physics
Uni of Sydney
Sydney 2006 Australia

glenn at extro.ucc.su.oz

Nobody cares what I say. So why should you ?
#include <std/disclaimer.h> "All the world's a VAX"