How do you name table/structure elements?

Henry Spencer henry at utzoo.uucp
Fri Jan 19 03:56:30 AEST 1990

In article <33341 at watmath.waterloo.edu> datanguay at watmath.waterloo.edu (David Adrien Tanguay) writes:
>My reason for using the table/structure descriptive style is to help
>me follow the chain of types in an expression...
>Given that I know the prefixes, they make the expression a little more
>readable for me...

I *tend* to feel that if expression readability has become a problem,
there are deeper difficulties present, like poorly-named fields or poorly-
designed code.  That is, trouble in keeping track of what's going on is
just a symptom, and understanding and curing the underlying problem -- why
is the code so hard to follow? -- is better than slapping on a syntactic
bandaid.
--
1972: Saturn V #15 flight-ready|     Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology
1990: birds nesting in engines | uunet!attcan!utzoo!henry henry at zoo.toronto.edu