help with curses

Patrick M. Ryan ryan at sjuphil.uucp
Wed Jan 17 13:02:29 AEST 1990

In article <1928 at ultb.isc.rit.edu> jsv9504 at ultb.isc.rit.edu (J.S. Veiss) writes:

>I'm trying to print graphics characters in a program using the curses library.
>I've gotten things down to be the only way the print the escape codes to change
>the character set is to print it to stdout instead of stdscr.

     curses does some sort of filtering when it prints characters to the
screen.  to print graphics characters to the screen, you need to use the
raw I/O functions.  there is a function 'addrawch' which i use to print
characters like arrows.

--
patrick m. ryan
  ryan%sjuphil.sju.edu at bpa.bell-atl.com
  {bpa|burdvax|princeton|rutgers}!sjuphil!ryan
  pmr at gemini.gsfc.nasa.gov