Etiquette

Tim McDaniel mcdaniel at adi.com
Tue Jul 3 03:23:12 AEST 1990

cookson at helios.mitre.org (Cookson) writes:
   After all, I thought the purpose of this news group was to discuss and LEARN about 'C'.

But comp.lang.c should be used as a *last resort* in learning.

Step 1: Think on your own.  If no help ...
Step 2: Check books (K&R, H&S, ANSI C standard).  If no help ...
Step 3: Ask local C gurus.  If no help ...
Step 4: Post.

Why?

* Why should net.people answer questions that any reasonably-complete
  C book can answer?
* "Volume, volume, volume"!  It's hard to follow a newsgroup with a
  lot of postings.
* Each posting is expensive (totalled over all sites).
--
"I'm not a nerd -- I'm 'socially challenged'."

Tim McDaniel
Internet: mcdaniel at adi.com             UUCP: {uunet,sharkey}!puffer!mcdaniel