Turbo C++ vs. Zortec 2.1

timothy.j.thompson tjt at cbnewsh.att.com
Thu Jul 26 13:55:11 AEST 1990

>From article <2225 at vela.acs.oakland.edu>, by bbesler at vela.acs.oakland.edu (Brent Besler):
> What are peoples experiences with Turbo C++ and ZOrtech C++, in particular
> their  use of extended and expanded memory?

I've successfully used the __handle pointer in Zortech C/C++ to access
expanded memory (although only with certain expanded memory managers)
to get (much) more than 640K of data.   I've only read the glossy
descriptions of Turbo C++, but it sounds like its VROOM (is that right?)
stuff only applies to the *text* of a program, not the *data*.
Can you get access to more than 640K of *data* with Turbo C++ ?
                                   ...Tim Thompson...tjt at twitch.att.com...