Turbo C++ vs. Zortec 2.1

John C. Mejia mejia at cs.umn.edu
Sat Jul 28 04:40:29 AEST 1990

In article <1990Jul26.035511.3640 at cbnewsh.att.com> tjt at cbnewsh.att.com
(timothy.j.thompson) writes: ....stuff deleted >descriptions of Turbo
C++, but it sounds like its VROOM (is that right?)  >stuff only
applies to the *text* of a program, not the *data*.  >Can you get
access to more than 640K of *data* with Turbo C++ ?  > ...Tim
Thompson...tjt at twitch.att.com...

Sure, just use one of the larger memory models.  This gives you access
to up to 1MB of code or data (depending on the memory model) but after
that, I'm not sure what (if anything) VROOM will do if you need more
than 1MB of data.  As for code, I understand it automatically takes
care of this overlay stuff.

                               John C. Mejia
E-MAIL (in order of preference)                                    VOICE
mejia at cs.umn.edu                                              612-625-8348 (W)
mejia%csfsa.cs.umn.edu at umn-cs.cs.umn.edu                      612-338-7336 (H)
                                               / F
                                  __o         / I