problems with globals in more than one file of a library

John Baldwin johnb at srchtec.UUCP
Thu Jul 19 00:15:02 AEST 1990

In article <1990Jul14.002958.3546 at mtcchi.uucp> levy at mtcchi.UUCP
(Daniel R. Levy) writes:
>............  I also would like to be able to optionally compile a program
>that does reference the global variable with a different version of the
>library which does not reference the global variable.

Hunh?  Maybe I need to understand this a little better first: what are you
trying to do here?  Is it that you have a program which already defines
the global variable and you want it to work with two libraries, one which
both defines and references a global of the same name, and another lib which
neither defines nor references the global?