unix c help

Moshe Raab raab at novavax.UUCP
Mon Jul 9 03:30:02 AEST 1990

i have been coding in c for a number of years. all of this
time i have been programming using MSC, using the MS extensions.
recently,  i installed  Mark Williams Coherent (unix like)
operating system. i started writing  my own simple communications
program but have hit some unexpected snags. for example, how does
one monitor the keyboard and the com port at the same time.
in MSC i use, kbhit(). i could theoretically write my own
kbhit in assemlby using the bios call to interrup 0x16 but
that would make it unportable. if any one has any suggestions,
please let me know.

also, could someone send or refer me to the source code
for a communications program?

i would appreciate all help.

thanks

moshe raab