Ansi C Spec. Where/How Can I get a copy?

rick at tmiuv0.uucp rick at tmiuv0.uucp
Fri Jul 6 21:04:41 AEST 1990

In article <3393 at crash.cts.com>, stevef at crash.cts.com (Steve Feinstein) writes:
> Would someone please let me know how I can get a copy of
> the original unadulterated ANSI C Specification so that
> we can write our code based on our interpretation of the
> specs and not someone else's.  There must be some government
> office somewhere that distributes this stuff.
> Steve.
> Steve A. Feinstein                          stevef at crash.cts.com
> Data Trek Inc.
> 5838 Edison Place
> Carlsbad, CA 92008-6596

You can order the specification directly from ANSI.  The price is $50 plus
$6 shipping and handling.  The address is:

    American National Standards Institute
    Sales Office
    1430 Broadway
    New York, NY  10018
    1-212-642-4900

Ask for document number X3.159

Also, you can order it from Global Engineering Documents (1-800-854-7179).
I don't have their address handy, but they're on McGaw Avenue in Irvine, CA.
Also, last time I talked to them, they didn't have the ANSI spec yet.  But,
give 'em a shout.

[- O] Rick Stevens
  ?   EMail: uunet!zardoz!tmiuv0!rick -or- uunet!zardoz!xyclone!sysop
  V   CIS: 75006,1355 (75006.1355 at compuserve.com from Internet)

"I'm tellin' ya, Valiant!  Da whole ting stinks like yesterday's diapers!"
                                - Baby Herman in "Who Framed Roger Rabbit"