Follow up to my question

Ninja ninja at vpnet.chi.il.us
Sun Jul 15 03:55:04 AEST 1990

For the benefit of tom at csh.ie, I will write a short summary of what I have
received when I asked about Cobol to C translators.

For one man, I recieved a lecture on how translating cobol to C would be
impossible to understand since it would be a mechanical translation instead
of a human one, but that was of no matter to me.

Another man suggested I call VIS-Systems, and look at the VIS/TP package which
allows Cobol from different operating systems such as PICK to run under
Unix.

A man from the PC user's group in Canada told me he was going to write something
that would do the trick, or at least contempalting it.

drd at siia told me that the Software Moving company might be able to help me
(and they might) because they get cobol to run under the Unix environment.

I wrote to someone that I was referred to whom was writing a term paper or
thesis over the subject to see if he knows anything.  No reply as of yet.

I am still anxiously awaiting responses to my question, but in the mean time
that is all I have gotten.

ninja at vpnet