Query about CODEBASE-4 "C" library

James Packer jfp2276 at hardy.u.washington.edu
Sat Jul 7 04:14:20 AEST 1990

I'm considering purchasing the Codebase 4 "C" library for use in a large
data entry program that must interface with dBase 3+ files.  I've read the
advertisements in the computer magazines and it seems to be what I need
(i.e. dBase file reading and writing, screen management, and file locking
on a Novell network).  I'm not sure if it does the file locking or if I
need the screen management (character based windows ?).

I would appreciate any responses from people who have experience with this
package -or- any suggestions on appropriate libraries for dBase file
interaction with file locking for a Novell LAN, using Microsoft C 5 or 6.

I will summarize the responses and post on the net.
Please e-mail to me
                         jfp2276 at hardy.u.washington.edu

This is my very first message on the net and I'm very curious on how
this networking stuff works out.  Thanks in advance.
--- James F. Packer  Wash. St. Dept. Fisheries   Olympia, Wash.
p.s.  Does anyone dislike the vi editor as much as I do ???