typedef-ing an array

Chris Torek chris at mimsy.umd.edu
Fri Jul 6 02:04:49 AEST 1990

In article <25247 at mimsy.umd.edu> I made two typing errors:
>... typedef char foo[24]; ... [foo] has size 24*sizeof(char)==24 ...
>	printf("%d\n", sizeof(foo));
>must print 42.

The last line above should read `24'.

>[main] may have either 0 arguments or two (int argc, char *argv).

The second argument should be `char **argv' (or equivalently `char *argv[]';
I recommend against the latter form since parameters declared as arrays
are not arrays, but this is the only place in C when a declaration does
not mean what it says, and this form leads programmers to believe that
arrays and pointers are `the same', which is not the case).
Domain:	chris at cs.umd.edu	Path:	uunet!mimsy!chris