An overview ...

Zev Sero zvs at bby.oz.au
Wed Jul 4 12:08:09 AEST 1990

In article <1990Jul1.065531.18620 at acc.stolaf.edu> hannum at haydn.psu.edu (Charles Hannum) writes:

   In a lot of cases, C operator precedence sucks.  (I can quote K&R saying the
   same thing -- different wording, of course.  Lets not argue about this point.)
   How does one deal with it?

   My solution:  Most of the time I know.  When I don't, I try it one way, and if
   it doesn't work right, I put parentheses in to force the issue.  Many times I
   just add them to begin with.

My solution: Photocopy the table on page 49 of K&R1 (Page 53 of K&R2
is not as neat looking), and stick it on the wall next to your screen.
When in doubt (and even when not in doubt), look it up.
				Zev Sero  -  zvs at bby.oz.au
...but we've proved it again and again
that if once you have paid him the danegeld,
you never get rid of the Dane.		- Rudyard Kipling