curses question..

Peter Morreale morreale at bierstadt.scd.ucar.edu
Thu Jul 19 00:37:48 AEST 1990

I hope this question is posted to the correct place....

I'm a fledgling C programmer who is attempting (;-) to write a
small curses application.  The app. will be used by a small number of
folks locally.  (This is mostly a learning exercise...)

What I'd like is some info on how to deal with cursor motion when the
user hits a cursor key.  I intend to obtain input using getchar and need
to know how to detect when a cursor key is pressed for a couple of
different terminals.  (vt100 and xterm)

This is on Sun OS...( > 4.0)

Did I miss sumpthin in the Sun manuals?  (I have read the "Using Curses"
part several times.)

A code fragment would be wonderful...

Thanks for any insights...
-PWM
Peter W. Morreale                  email:  morreale at ncar.ucar.edu
Nat'l Center for Atmos Research    voice:  (303) 497-1293
Scientific Computing Division
Consulting Office