void * and pointers to functions

mdivax1!robinson mdivax1!robinson
Thu Jul 26 07:32:57 AEST 1990

It is my understanding of K&R I C that a variable of type char * may only
contain a pointer to a data object, and that assigning a pointer to a
function to such a variable is not guaranteed to work since there is no
requirement that pointers to objects be the same size as pointers to
functions.

After reading the relevant parts of K&R II it would appear that a variable of
type void * may legally contain a pointer to a function as well as a
pointer to any of the various data types. Is this correct?

--
Jim Robinson
{uunet,ubc-cs}!van-bc!mdivax1!robinson