Proto-junk

rdw2030 at venus.tamu.edu rdw2030 at venus.tamu.edu
Tue Jul 10 08:23:55 AEST 1990

Thanks for the info on prototypes, everyone.  You have convinced me to start
using them, in the interest of helping to create code with fewer hard-to-trace
bugs.  In fact this would have helped on a certain file transfer protocol
program I had to write last semester.  It took me a week to figure out that I
was returning a char where I should have been returning an int ( hey, those
eight bits make a BIG difference when you're talking about a 16-bit port status
read!)

:-)

Mark C. Lowe - KB5III