varargs -> normal parameters

Henry Spencer henry at zoo.toronto.edu
Thu Jul 19 01:22:34 AEST 1990

In article <!_X$`+#@rpi.edu> joefritz at pawl12.pawl.rpi.edu (Jochen M. Fritz) writes:
>I want to write a function, that can call any other function.  The called
>function and its parmeters are given as parameters so that it can be called.
>The clintcher is since I want to be able to call anything how can I
>dereference the parameters to call the function?

You cannot do this portably in C; there are an increasing number of compilers
which cannot do it at all, because calling conventions differ depending on
the details of the parameters.
--
NFS:  all the nice semantics of MSDOS, | Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology
and its performance and security too.  |  henry at zoo.toronto.edu   utzoo!henry