Using printer with turbo C?

vassilios e axaris axaris at acsu.buffalo.edu
Thu Jul 26 09:37:53 AEST 1990

Hello,

I have the following problem:
I need to use a 4 dimensional array of which only the last dimension I know.
I found out that: array_name[][][][50] doesn't work (it's in there - K&R :-)).
I tried to declare a pointer to a pointer to a pointer to a pointer...e.t.c
but to no avail. I allocate memory with calloc of course. I would appreciate
some info. on this: how to declare such a beast, how to allocate memory for
the other dimensions, and how to prototype it. And if there is some time left,
I need some enlightenment on the following:
(*)[10] is a pointer to an array of 10.
(*(*))[10] is a pointer to a pointer to an array of 10?
And if the size of 10 is not specified is this equivalent to *** ?
Thank you in advance.

Vassilios E. Axaris.