Multi-User Source Code Managers ?

Ken Nelson ssdken at watson.Claremont.EDU
Thu Jul 19 02:26:48 AEST 1990

In article <1990Jul17.161924.8248 at cid.aes.doe.CA>,
aspgpas at cid.aes.doe.CA (Peter Silva) writes:
|> I'm looking for a portable source code manager that lets multiple users
|> modify the same file at the same time.  Two+ users should be
|> able to get the same mod file (via command like SCCS "get"),
|> make changes, and only know that someone else was working on
|> the same file if the two happen to modify the same LINES of code.

    Are you sure you want to do this?  Doesn't one line of
    code affect the behavior of another?  When I make
    changes, I make them based on assumptions about the
    behavior of other lines of code in the module/program.
    If somebody else is making changes to that behavior,
    watch out.

				Ken Nelson