extern char *foo vs. extern char foo[]

Ralph J. Winslow x7774 rjw at atti07.ATT.COM
Fri Jun 1 23:30:40 AEST 1990

In article <1755 at tkou02.enet.dec.com> diamond at tkou02.enet.dec.com (diamond at tkovoa) writes:
>In article <1990May30.001219.23564 at uunet!unhd> rg at unhd.unh.edu.UUCP (Roger Gonzalez ) writes:
>>A little history: I know C inside and out, and don't need any "I think"s.
>This is a lie.
>flame = m * pow(c, 2.0);
>--
>Norman Diamond, Nihon DEC     diamond at tkou02.enet.dec.com
>Proposed group comp.networks.load-reduction: send your "yes" vote to /dev/null.

Norman, you weren't very kind to this poor soul, but I guess when you lead
of a question usually expected in the first 2 days of an introductory C
course with "I know C inside out" you really can't expect kid glove treatment.
This note is really just to express my appreciation for your .sig. Loverly!