C tutorial

Ray Shwake shwake at raysnec.UUCP
Wed Jun 13 06:36:08 AEST 1990

In article <5940033 at hpcupt1.HP.COM> jamiller at hpcupt1.HP.COM (Jim Miller) writes:

>I'll probably get shot, but if you know a few programming languages
>I suggest K&R (now K&R II).  Even if you don't know a few programming
>languages I'd suggest K&R.  I think it is one of the best books ever.

Jim, the writer asked about good C *tutorial* books. While I haven't
reviewed K&R II, I found the original K&R too terse to use as a learning
tool. My favorite series are by Kochan and Wood (in various combinations):
Programming in C, the wonderful intermediate level Topics in C Programming,
and the latest on Ansi C. Topics, in particular, covers a breadth of
material rarely encountered, like curses, makefiles, library calls, etc.