Dr. Dobbs Multitasking Kernal -- HELP!

Thomas Bullinger tom at cci632.UUCP
Fri Jun 15 06:30:57 AEST 1990

In article <Jun.13.20.15.53.1990.851 at topaz.rutgers.edu> papp at topaz.rutgers.edu (Albert Papp) writes:

>In Dr. Dobb's Journal, December 1987 and January 1988, the C Toolbox
>had code for a preemptive multitasking kernal for the IBM PC.  I am
[stuff deleted]
>code to turbo C, (and assembler) or has any info on the source code to
>something similar (a multitasking kernal) please e-Mail me!
>
>Thanks!
>
>Al        papp at topaz.rutgers.edu

A couple of years back, I wrote a pre-emptive multi-tasking kernel for
Turbo-C. The kernel itself is written in Turbo-Assembler, and all the
interface routines are in Turbo-C. It's even documented! The scheduler
is based on the DOS timer interrupt and is currently somewhat simplistic.
Twist my arm a little, maybe I can soup it up for your needs! ;-)) As
with any DOS scheduler, there are some limitations due to the non-
reentrant nature of DOS. Let me know if you'd like more info, or a copy
of the docs.

   tom..

      ..!cci632!rd7!tom     -or-    tom%rd7 at cci632

"Only he who is willing to give up his monopoly on truth can ever profit
 from the truths that others hold...no man has the final answer but
 every man has a piece to contribute."	 --Unknown (to me anyway)