To beep or not to beep.

Peter da Silva peter at ficc.ferranti.com
Thu Jun 14 23:15:19 AEST 1990

This is silly, and certainly not a C issue.

Some people like the auditory feedback. Others don't. It's like keyclick:
personally it drives me up the wall, but some people need it. On the other
hand I find a telephone that doesn't give me real DTMF feedback intolerable.
Put the bell in, and let people configure it/use a visual bell/turn it off.
I have one terminal that I use on occasion for which ^G is the transmit
screen command!

Sheesh. I think it tastes great *and* is less filling.
--
Peter da Silva.   `-_-'
+1 713 274 5180.   'U`