Source for extensible hashing needed

Ozan Yigit oz at yunexus.UUCP
Tue Jun 5 00:58:33 AEST 1990

In article <23421 at uflorida.cis.ufl.EDU> sml at beach.cis.ufl.edu (Shein-Fong Law) writes:
> I urgently need a program to store and access data records in files
>using extensible hashing method.

There are many methods of extensible hashing. Do you mean the one actually
called "extensible hashing" by Fagin et. al. or do you mean any one of
"Linear Hashing", "Dynamic Hashing", "Spiral Storage", etc. ?

>  Can you tell me where I can get it
>quickly ?

Sure, If you like, I can send you an implementation of "Dynamic Hashing",
called sdbm, which is a clone of BSD ndbm. You can also get a hold of
gdbm, which uses "Extensible Hashing".

If you need more info on the relative merits and shortcomings of these
algorithms, see the following ref.

%A R. J. Enbody
%A H. C. Du
%T Dynamic Hashing Schemes
%J ACM Computing Surveys
%V 20
%N 2
%D June 1988
%P 85-113
%K surveys

enjoy.	oz
First learn your horn and all the theory.	Internet: oz at nexus.yorku.ca
Next develop a style. Then forget all that 	uucp: utzoo/utai!yunexus!oz
and just play.		Charlie Parker [?]	York U. CCS: (416) 736 5257